The PIM® program is a customized portfolio management program geared toward your specific investment goals. A Financial Advisor who has met stringent criteria based on experience and expertise acts as your personal portfolio manager.
Your Financial Advisor guides you through a consulting process to ascertain your investment goals and risk parameters and then uses asset allocation to construct a portfolio of various securities chosen to help meet your financial objectives. As your Portfolio Manager, they actively manage your portfolio on an ongoing basis using their individual investment style.
The Private Investment Management (PIM) program is designed for investors who:
• Want a customized investment program based on an active approach to asset allocation
• Prefer a portfolio manager who can make investment decisions on their behalf
• Are seeking long-term portfolio management through diversification while managing underlying investment costs
• Seek the flexibility to build and maintain a portfolio using a diverse selection of investments
• Value a high level of professional services and personal attention once available only to high-net-worth clients
Your Portfolio Manager will oversee four critical steps in the development of your personal investment plan:
By appointing experienced investment professionals to provide you with sound investment advice, manage your portfolio, and rebalance your investment mix when necessary, you free yourself from the time-consuming task of choosing and actively monitoring your investments. After allocating your investments, your Portfolio Manager manages your portfolio, monitors the markets, and tracks your performance. As part of this process, your Portfolio Manager ensures that your portfolio remains invested in financial instruments most suited to your current needs and objectives.
The PIM program gives you the added benefit of your Portfolio Manager’s personalized service. By having your Financial Advisor act as your Portfolio Manager, you have the advantage of working with someone who can be intimately acquainted with your financial goals and concerns and with whom you have already established a one-on-one working relationship. In short, you are dealing with someone you know and trust. There is no need to spend your valuable time bringing a portfolio manager “up to speed” on your financial goals.
The criteria for entry into the PIM certification program are more stringent than most other programs Wells Fargo Advisors offers. The full process to obtain the PIM designation can take 60 days to complete and includes a three-step process. The first step is meeting basic eligibility requirements, which include a minimum of two years’ experience as a portfolio manager, five years of industry experience, successful completion of various securities exams, and approval of branch and regional managers. Only then can a Financial Advisor complete an application, which includes questions covering investment style, strategy, philosophy, and research methods. Once approved, the Financial Advisor must complete advanced training, including an ethics exam, proxy exam, and an advanced 40-hour portfolio management training course. Less than 10 percent of the firm’s Financial Advisors have met the criteria to act as PIM Portfolio Managers.
* Fees for the PIM program include advisory services, performance measurement, transaction costs, custody services and trading. Fees are based on the assets in the account and are assessed quarterly. There is a minimum fee of $250 per calendar quarter to maintain this type of account. The fees do not cover the fees and expenses of any underlying packaged product used in your portfolio. Advisory accounts is not appropriate for all investors. During periods of lower trading activity, your costs might be lower if our compensation was based on commissions. Please carefully review the Wells Fargo Advisors advisory disclosure document for a full description of our services, including fees and expenses. The minimum account size for this program is $50,000
Wells Fargo Advisors is a trade name used by Wells Fargo Clearing Services, LLC and Wells Fargo Advisors Financial Network, LLC, Members SIPC, separate registered broker-dealers and non-bank affiliates of Wells Fargo & Company.
©2020 Wells Fargo Clearing Services, LLC. All rights reserved. PCG/WBS/FINET Version CAR-0322-02363